We Will Remember Them.

19:30

11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month.

Last year I have the huge privilege of travelling to Belgium and the Somme in France for a once in a life time trip to visit the battle fields of the Western Front. It was simply amazing. Looking back, I am so grateful to have had the experience of seeing up front how many people were effected by the wars. WW1 and WW2 changed modern history.

It is inevitable, life would be completely different if people had not  lot their lives. Relations of mine lost their lives. George Henry Webb, my great great great granddad lost his life in the Great War. Granddad Nicholls fought in WW2 in the RAF. Sadly, I never got to meet my Granddad as he died just before my mother and father got married. To this day, I will always wonder what he would have been like. If my father is anything like him, I would be extremely proud. Times like this make me miss loved ones. I miss my grandma very much. I think about her regularly and think about the last thing she said to me, 'I will see you soon, love you'. Never a day goes past when I don't think about her or my family. I love them dearly. One day I will meet them again and tell them how proud to be related to them. 

This shouldn't be a sad time. Yes, I may be shedding a tear as I write this however it's a time to remember. Remember how many people died - died for us to have the freedom we do now. Celebrate in how incredible these people are. One things for sure - WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

I will leave you with some of the photos I took that documented the memories I made during my trip to Belgium and the Somme in France.


You Might Also Like

0 comments