Girl Online - Book Review

19:00

I have never reviewed a book here on my blog. One, because I feel that some of you may find it boring and tedious and, two, because I don't read often - something that I need to drastically change.

For Christmas, from my lovely friend Rhianna, I was given a knit jumper and the the book Girl Online written (kinda) by Zoe Sugg.

(Image taken from Google Images)

I say kinda because there was an uproar about the fact that it was  ghost written... I don't know the ins and outs but at the end of the day Zoe is a YouTuber not JK Rowling.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I loved it. Despite the fact that the story line was very predictable and to a certain degree unbelievable, I did really like it. It was cute and it got to the point. Not at any stage did I think that it dragged on for too long however, it was a very easy read for me.

I also enjoyed it because I could relate to it.

Fortunately, I do not suffer from anxiety although, a number of Zoe's readers and subscribers do. After reading the book, it has made me understand a little bit more about panic attacks. I know that, you will never understand something unless you have gone through something similar, in this case I have not. Although, the way the anxiety has been described through out the book, it has changed the way I think about it.

Anxiety is a massive deal and unfortunately, the vast majority of people have anxiety at one stage in their lives. I am always here if anyone needs a chat about what is going on. I know for a fact that talking about something that is hurting you/ making you anxious will help.

I could relate to the book in the sense that Penny (the main character) writes a blog. There is one major difference though, mine is an open blog whereas hers is anonymous. This got me thinking... Would the things I post online be different if I hadn't have told you all my name?

After pondering, I think to a certain degree it would. I would never decide to be rude or what have you, but I think I would talk about my feelings in a bit more detail. You see, people are still getting to grips with the idea that I write a blog and post YouTube videos. I was asked the other day... 'Anna why do you post online'.

I post online for the same reason Penny does in the book, I post online because it's something that I greatly enjoy doing. I have created a small little space on the internet where I can connect with lovely people all across the world. That is why whenever someone comments something nasty, it hurts a bit but I've learnt that laughing it off is the best thing. Just like Penny, I've learnt that there is a risk of posting online... but she had her happy ending - so could I have one too?

Have any of you read the book? 

If yes, I would love to know what you thought of it!
I am going to be posting all week this week as well ;)

Screw them - stay you
cus you are rad

You Might Also Like

0 comments