My Faith

21:26

I have ever written anything discussing my faith or religion. It is a part of me that not many seem to know about.

religion
rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or Gods.


Religion - a word I find hard to overcome. I feel people, like myself, don't understand the term Religion. For ages, I personally haven't liked using the word Religion as I feel it is too political. I use the word Faith.

My faith lies in Christianity. I serve Jesus. 

Over the past couple of years, I have drifted away from the practicing of my religion, however not once has that stopped me from believing. As I have grown up, it has led me to question a number of things (as many of you know - I am a very deep thinker). I wanted to share the questions (and my own answers to them) today.

How much of the Bible to you believe?
I honestly haven't read a lot of the Bible as I simply haven't put my mind into doing so. I am a Liberal Christian therefore, I take things from the Bible and murge my own thoughts with it. I don't believe in stories such as Adam and Eve (as I believe in evolution). The Bible has a number of quotes that are my main source of inspiration.

What? You believe in evolution?
Yes, I do. I live with the thought that God created the Big Bang (therefore creating the universe) from there he worked on the evolution of Humans and life form on Earth.

Do you believe in 'Judgement Day'?
This is a topic that I have always been uneasy with. I believe that God loves everyone from any faith. I believe that Jesus will return. One other linking question: Is there Hell as well as Heven? I believe so. I believe that if you ask for forgiveness and admit your wrong doings, God will let you live forever.

My faith is a big part of my life. I know whenever I am feeling down, over joyed, crying of sadness or happiness, I know it was all a part of God's plan. One specific moment that I will never forget is from last month where I stood - looking up at the ceiling of Wembley Arena - tears brimming my eyes as Calum played an amazingly calm bass solo, I thanked the God for giving me that moment. I think it is important to thank others when they are there for you; be it during the good times or the bad.

Thank you for letting me express my beliefs.

God Bless X

You Might Also Like

0 comments