A Walk To Remember - Film Review & Thoughts

19:00

SPOILER ALERTS. READ THE BOOK OR WATCH THE FILM FIRST.

My amazing sister, convinced me that the film 'A walk to remember', was worth the watch. It really was.

To begin with, I had no idea how it would pan out. Until however, I thought I knew exactly how it would end - in the cliché style; in which the bad guy falls in love with the good girl and vise versa. I was wrong... in a way. I had in mind that it would be the type of plot line, in which they live happily ever after. SPOILER ALERT: They do not... or do they.

See I am a hopeless romantic and I pray to God that my future partner will be able to cope with that. As soon as the couple started to flirt and fall in love, I was smiling for them. I just love the sight of two people being in love (despite the fact that they were acting but nevertheless I loved it). The idea that their love did not last forever never struck me. I believe this is because, they showed that they would never fall out, no matter where they are. This is a love that I crave the most, one that lasts and lasts no matter what.

One point that I thought I should raise is the fact that at no stage throughout the movie, did the couple openly do anything more than kiss - something I think was so beautiful. They shared intimate moments however, that does not mean that it involved sex or the idea of it. In a relationship, I think that is the most important part. The idea that you can have such special moments with another individual and they don't have to be of a sexual nature - something a number of people tend to forget in this day and age. 

All in all, the film has now become one of my favorites. I ended up balling my eyes out and running to my woman cave. I even sent a voice note on a group chat or me crying - I needed to tell someone. To anyone who reads this, I hope that you enjoyed the film and that you one day share a love so deep with someone, that you never fall out of it.


What are your favorite films?

Top (no order):

- The Shawshank Redemption
- LOL
- Billy Elliot
- Titanic
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (pt. 2) 
- Quantum of Solace (James Bond)
- Breaking Dawn (pt. 2) 
- A Walk To Remember
- Angus Thongs
- Ice Princess

Anna x

You Might Also Like

0 comments